Meijer Stores

Meijer is a regional American supermarket chain based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1934 as a supermarket chain, Meijer is credited with pioneering the modern supercenter concept in 1962. About half of the company's 181 locations are located in Michigan, with additional locations in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. (copied from http://coupon-printable.blogspot.com)



Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cowboy Up...or Not

I really don't know what "Cowboy Up" means, but I thought it fit the title of this blog. I apologize if it has some lewd connotation to it.

Yesterday I was meeting with one of the foster kids that I work with. Her birthday is coming up next week and she loves Shania Twain. Not sure why but to each her own. So I decided to look on Meijer.com to see if I could find some cool Shania collectible thing to get her. Turns out Meijer doesn't carry a lot of Shania stuff. In fact, only one thing showed up. Her newest CD. At first I was greatly disappointed, but this lasted barely a second before I realized that I was actually glad that Meijer doesn't have a boat load of Shania stuff. Country music isn't really my thing and I'm not sure I could be quite as avid a Meijer shopper if they catered to the Twain crowd.
I then ventured to the competitors website, where I came up with 17 Shania items, including three different perfumes. Not sure I really want my wife, or anyone for that matter, smelling like a country music star.
Great job Meijer. Clearly the "Higher Standards" slogan rings true.

1 comment:

Caitlin Long said...

This is truly a proud Meijer moment :]