Meijer Stores

Meijer is a regional American supermarket chain based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1934 as a supermarket chain, Meijer is credited with pioneering the modern supercenter concept in 1962. About half of the company's 181 locations are located in Michigan, with additional locations in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. (copied from http://coupon-printable.blogspot.com)



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meijer Brand

Meijer had a wonderful ad campaign going not that long ago that showed comparisons between name brand products and Meijer brand products with the only difference being the price. (See the commercial posted below with the girl eating spinach.) Even before these commercials came out, I had been expounding to my less enlightened friends how good Meijer brand products are. This concept was brought to mind again by my friend Dian, who occasionally has a moment of weakness and shops at a different mega store. She ends up buying bread there and is remorsefully disappointed with the poor taste and quality. She then wished desperately that she had gone to Meijer instead and purchased the Meijer brand wheat bread. Poor soul.
For those who buy name brand products, or store brand products at places other than Meijer, I want to encourage you to give Meijer a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

A few of my favorite Meijer products are: hot dogs (its all gross meat no matter who packages it, might as well be cheap), the cranberry cocktail juices, bread, salsa (the corn and black bean is the best) and milk (it is the only kind my wife and I drink).

Please write in and tell me some of your favorite Meijer products.

4 comments:

kat said...

I have to confess that I am a brand name buyer... I know, I know... Shocking, but it's true. But, I do have to say that Meijer does have REALLY GREAT cakes, and chip dip. Yum Yum...

Brooke said...

I'm not necessarily commenting here to talk about my favorite Meijer products (our most commonly purchased are milk, salsa, and cheese).

My parents came to visit last weekend, and our fist "stop" in Fort Wayne? Meijer! My mom, being the bargin shopper she is, couldn't believe the prices and variety of food.

They want to know when Meijer is going to open in Kansas.

thediaperdiaries said...

I love their organic line. We get their bread and their waffles. I have been really impressed with the quality!!

Unknown said...

If you want more, visit http://www.meijerbrand.com