Meijer Stores

Meijer is a regional American supermarket chain based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1934 as a supermarket chain, Meijer is credited with pioneering the modern supercenter concept in 1962. About half of the company's 181 locations are located in Michigan, with additional locations in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. (copied from http://coupon-printable.blogspot.com)



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

hi


Hi, and welcome to my new blog devoted to the wonders of Meijer grocery stores. This is just the beginning of what I hope to be a source of valuable information about what my wife and I deem to be the best store on earth. If you are a devoted Meijer fan, please come back often for stories, facts, and fun about Meijer stores. I am also shamelessly hoping that one of Fred Meyer's decedents will happen across this and offer me a job in marketing or at least pay advertising royalties.

3 comments:

smw said...

oh my word. this may be one of the funniest things that i've seen in awhile. i do like meijer. quite a bit. MUCH better than walmart. (really can't stand walmart.) so i'm with you. (although you may hate to hear i like target best of all, although around here you can't get groceries there-so we'll just say they are in two different catagories.)

i'll be interested to see how meijer can inspire a whole blog. especially one more vibrant than your other. :)
~shar

Bethany said...

I miss Meijer so much. You guys are so lucky that you've got them by you.

I remember when they did Meijer Days when we were kids and you got to go around to every section of the store and play games. And they gave you a gold fish! Oh, Meijer Days, so much fun. I wonder if they still do that?

Julie said...

All I know is that I haven't gotten any free gold fish in a long time. I think all of our gold fish came from Meijer. I used to make my parents walk by the fish department every time we went so I could fantasize about what kinf of fish I'd ask for for birthdays and Christmas and such. Turns out Sam is the only animal I ever actually did ask for. Lucky choice. He's lived a lot longer, and have enjoyed him more than a fish.